Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #22

I was quite excited to see the Texas School Librarians ning but then disappointed when I logged in because of the small number of people who are members of that ning. I thought it would be a greater number of users and that they would be much more active. Instead, the Teacher Librarian ning seems to be more of what I was thinking the TSL ning should be. I think the nings seem to have similar information that I find on the TLA list-serv. I liked the groups feature, that allows people of similar interests within the profession to share information within a smaller group. There were a few I checked out, but there didn't seem to be lots of newer posts. I'm guessing this is because it is summer time and people are taking a break.

I don't see myself joining lots of nings, maybe just the Teacher Librarian ning and monitoring it for new ideas and a way to share ideas with a wider group of people. One of the things I like about my school district is that the librarians have monthly meetings. Sometimes we are split up by elementary and secondary level and sometimes we meet all together, but the most valuable thing about our meetings is the sharing of ideas. This seems like a virtual way to do this and on a larger scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment