Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #17

I created a Rollyo search engine on volcanoes based on a research project that my 6th graders did this previous school year. The video from another L2P player was so helpful! I don't think I would have understood the how to or the purpose of Rollyo without the video!

I hope this link to my search works! http://rollyo.com/index.html The name of my Rollyo is SMS-Volcanoes. I couldn't remember from the video how to get the page that has a search bar and the name of my search engine at the top. I guess I'll go watch it again because that is an important part of this tool.

I think that teachers and librarians should go wild about this tool! It is so frustrating when kids just want to Google for reasearch. They don't always understand how to evaluate the reliability of the hits they are getting and teachers don't always want a lesson on evaluating web resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment