Monday, June 29, 2009

Thing #20

I found the following video at TeacherTube. It is a book trailer made by a librarian in my district. Book trailers are like video teasers for book, similar to movie trailers. It is for a great book: What I Saw and How I Lied.



(Ok. The embeddable player didn't work and I don't know why. I copied and pasted all of the info in the Embeddable player box, but it didn't work. It just posted html code when I published this post and it didn't link to the video. So I just pasted the info for the Video URL instead. If you know what I did wrong, I would love a tip in how to fix it!)

(Thanks for the comment! I fixed it!)

I think having access to these videos is great! There are lots of possible uses for teachers and students. I think it would be neat to allow students to create videos as their final product and post them to TeacherTube. There are lots of quick how to videos that are great--I especially like Common Craft videos! As a librarian, I like book trailers to use with my students. I took a course in making them and hope to put my finished product on TeacherTube for others to use.




1 comment:

  1. when you are on the posting box page...there are two tabs-- Compose ( the default box that opens automatically) where you type and a second tab Edit HTML...that is where you should paste the code you got at the TeacherTube site. You have to save and switch back to Compose before you can see the fruits of your labor!

    there is some info on Thing #20 about this ...about half way down the page.

    Please try to embed the video....it is much more effective if your readers can simply click and start the video!

    ReplyDelete