Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thing #10

Image generators are fun!!!

I was able to work with some on the list, but others were blocked. I was able to use ImageChef to make a post on this blog. I liked Dumpr and the Rubix Cube photo I made of a book cover. I used Glogster to make a "thing" to add to my library's website that is under construction. I will upload it here, although it isn't finished yet. I have to figure out what I want the links to go to. I also used Slide, which another librarian in my district showed me, to make a little slide show of all of the Lone Star book covers for this year's list.

I found that these websites were generally easy to use. I just started making things and figured it out as I went along. For the library, I would easily be able to use these image generators for things to add to my blog or library website. I have seen some of the ImageChef images added to handouts for meetings, which should be easy to do as well. I just have to remember to used them to kick up my handouts, PPT presentations and blog posts up a notch!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this thing. I could spend lots of time playing with all the different features. Was Slide listed somewhere. I don't remember seeing it. One of my goals this year is to keep a slide show or power point of book talks running all the time in my library. It should help with the whines of "I can't find anything to read." :-)

    ReplyDelete