Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing #2

I liked the slide show about the 7 1/2 Things. I'd seen some of it before, but the refresher was necessary. I think that Habit 5, "Create your own toolbox" is the habit I am best at right now. As a librarian, I have to know how to find the answer which requires having the right tools for each situation. It also makes me think of the game show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire" where contestants get lifelines. Don't you think that a toolbox has some of those lifelines in it?

I think that Habit 6, "Use technology to your advantage" is the most difficult habit for me. I see people with their Kindles and have no interest in them because I like holding the books so much! I haven't decided about the iPhone yet. Do I really want that much contact with the world? Do I want to feel tied to a gadget? I know what I know how to do with technology and I learn something new when I need to use something new. I don't really enjoy just playing around with technology things so much. I'm no where near being a 'techno geek' and I am fine with that. The technologies that I use routinely in life I have figured out how to use to my advantage, but I am not a person that is constantly on the look out for the latest technology. I distinctly remember hearing about email long ago and thinking 'Why would I want to use that when I like getting letters in the mail so much?". I was wrong. Now I do rush home to see if I have good personal email at the end of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment