Friday, June 26, 2009

Thing #12

Ok, I admit to being a fabulous lurker! As the articles mentioned, I don't want to just post an insincere "Great point/idea!" comment, so I haven't done so. The idea that commenting creates community is new to me. I don't know that many bloggers need that encouragement, but it is nice to know what the readers are thinking, kind of like fan mail to an author. I found 5 Library2Play blogs to comment on, focusing on blogs that seemed to be created by librarians and that had progressed to the same point I had. Thing #15 was so thought provoking, it was a good one to read other's thoughts about and leave comments.

The two blogs outside of Library2Play that I commented on were both blogs I just stumbled on. One was Barbara Jansen's blog. I had attended her Collaboration 2.0 presentation at TLA last spring and was looking for her website to add to a comment I was leaving on a Library2Play blog. She had a wonderful blog post about school districts filtering 2.0 tools that related to my thoughts in Thing #15. The other blog I commented on was Joy the Baker's blog where she posted about how to make vanilla extract! This was something that was just up my alley and I can't wait to try it! She has over 52 comments on this blog entry! Wow!

I see now that commenting does help create community and wonder if someone will comment on any of my blog posts! Hhhmmmm......

2 comments:

  1. I will comment on your blog (again). I have enjoyed all your posts. You seem to be a very thoughtful and articulate individual. Finding Barbara Jansen's blog is a great find--she never sleeps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've actually met before, a couple of years ago at TLA in SA. My uncle, Robert Martin, introduced us. I don't blame you at all if you don't remember me! :)

    ReplyDelete